Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Back Again with refrigerated foods and spices

Hi there:

I have been gone for a few days.  Mostly because our town has been experiencing some electrical blackouts.  But, I am back now and  ready to finish my "Well stocked kitchen"  suggestions.  I hope these have been working out for you.  I do want to point out to all of my readers that I am not a perfect housekeeper.  And I fully understand that for a lot of people stocking your kitchen can be  a financial burden in these tough times.  So, for the month of February, I am going to share all of my money saving shopping tips.  All of them have been personally tested by me.  

Now, to the blog at hand .  Here is a list of what you should have on hand in your fridge:

Butter - real butter, salted, unsalted, sweet cream
Eggs
Cheeses
Jams 
Jelly
Marmalade
Margarine
mayonnaise - store bought or homemade
Milk
Heavy Cream
Fruits
Vegetables
Meats that are to be used within 48 hours
pre-cooked meats - cold cuts
heartier herbs -  parsley, cilantro. etc


And here are the essentials for your spice rack:

Allspice
Basil
Cayenne pepper
Chili powder
Cumin
Cinnamon - ground and sticks
Garlic - I prefer fresh bulbs, but it is good to have powdered as well
Ginger - dried and powdered 
Nutmeg
Oregano
Pepper
Red pepper flakes
Rosemary - I also like to have fresh around as well
Salt
Thyme

I, personally love to cook Indian foods so,  I also keep these around:

Curry
Garam Masala
Cardamon Pods
Star Anise




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts. Be courteous.

 
Custom Search